Copston Magna or Great Copston, Warwickshire
Copston - Magna or Great Copston, a township in Monks-Kirkby parish, Warwickshire, 4 miles SE of Welles-thorpe station on the M.R., and 5 S of Hinckley, which is the post town. Acreage, 1144; population, 74. It has a chapel of ease to Monks-Kirby.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Monks Kirby|
|Poor Law union||Lutterworth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Copston Magna or Great Copston from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Copston Magna)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.