Chapel Ascote, Warwickshire
Chapel Ascote, formerly extra-parochial, now a parish in Warwickshire. It contains only one farmhouse, 3 miles S of Southam, which is the post town. Acreage, 604; population, 2. There was formerly a chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Chapel Ascote from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Ascote, Chapel)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Chapel Ascote are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.