West Burton, Sussex
Burton, West, a tithing in Bury parish, Sussex, 1½ mile from Amberley station on the L.B. & S.C.R., and 4½ miles N of Arundel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Sutton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for West Burton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Burton, West)
Online maps of West Burton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: