Stansted, Forest Side, Sussex
Stansted, Forest Side with, a consolidated chapelry formed chiefly of a part of Stoughton parish, Sussex, 8 miles NW of Chichester, and 3 from Rowlands Castle station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Emsworth. Population, 378.. Stansted Park, the seat of the Wilder family, is a splendid mansion, built about 1687, and standing in a park of mor& than 1000 acres. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chichester; net value, £280 with residence. Christ Church, at Forest Side, is a small building of stone in the Early English style, and was erected in 1854. The chapel of St Paul at Stanstedwas erected in 1819.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: