UK Genealogy Archives logo

Plastow or Plaistow, Sussex

Historical Description

Plastow or Plaistow, a village in Kirdford parish, Sussex, near the boundary with Surrey, 6 miles from Rudgwick station on the L.B. & S.C.R., and 7 from Wittey on the London and Portsmouth railway. It has a post office under Horsham; money order and telegraph office, Wisborough Green. It forms a ward of Kirdford parish council, and returns five members to that council. The living is annexed to Kirdford vicarage in the diocese of Chichester. The church is modern.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySussex 
Civil parishKirdford 
HundredRotherbridge 
Poor Law unionPetworth 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Plastow or Plaistow from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: