East Blatchington or Bletchington, Sussex
Blatchington or Bletchington, East, a parish in Sussex, on the coast, 1 mile NNW of Seaford station on the L.B. & S.C.R. Post town, Seaford under Lewes, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 735; population, 434. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester; net value, £160 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Chichester. The church is good, and was restored in 1860. A convalescent home, for men only, was erected in 1890 for the county of Surrey.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Blatchington St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Newhaven|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for East Blatchington or Bletchington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Blatchington, or Bletchington, East (St. Peter))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: