Clanaborough, a parish in Devonshire, adjacent to the North Devon railway, 1½ mile SSW of Copplestone station on the L. & S.W.R., and 5½ miles NW by W of Crediton, Post town, Bow. Acreage, 1008; population of civil parish, 83; of ecclesiastical, 72. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter; value, £138 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt all but the tower in 1859.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Clanaborough St. Petrock|
|Poor Law union||Crediton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Clanaborough from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Clanaborough (St. Petrock))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.