Crawley Down, Sussex
Crawley Down, a chapelry in Worth parish, Sussex, 5 miles SE of Crawley. It was constituted in 1862, and it has a post, money order, and telegraph office (S.O.) Population, 1549. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chichester; net value, £118 with residence. Patron, the Rector of Worth. The church, to which a south aisle has been added, is a good stone building in the Early English style, with a handsome new reredos.
Online maps of Crawley Down are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: