Copthorne, an ecclesiastical parish in Sussex and Surrey, It was formed in 1881 from the parishes of Worth and Crawley Down (in Sussex), and the parishes of Burstow and Home (in Surrey). It has a post and money order office; telegraph office, Pound Hill near Three Bridges. Population, 1074. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Chichester; value, £176. The church is a brick structure in the Early English style.
Online maps of Copthorne are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: