Wrecklesham, an ecclesiastical district in Farnham parish, Surrey, 1½ mile WSW of Famham station on the L. & S.W.R. It was constituted in 1840, and it has a post office under Farnham; money order and telegraph office, Farnham; population, 1456. Hops are extensively grown. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; net value, £250 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church was rebuilt in 1877, and is an edifice of stone in the Early English style. There are a working men's club and institute and four almshouses.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wrecklesham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wrecklesham and Bourn)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.