Woodside, an ecclesiastical parish in Croydon civil parish, Surrey, with a station on the S.E.R., 12 miles from London. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under London, S.E. Population, 3010. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury; net value, £365 with residence. The church of St Luke, a structure of brick, originally erected in 1872, was replaced by a substantial building in 1895-96, the chancel and transepts of which were consecrated in 1888.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Woodside are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.