Nine Elms, Surrey
Nine Elms, a quondam hamlet, now a metropolitan suburb, in South Lambeth section of Lambeth parish, Surrey, on the river Thames and on the L. & S.W.R., between Vauxhall Bridge and Battersea Bridge, 3 miles SSW of St Paul's. It is in the SW suburban postal district, has a large goods station on the L. & S.W.R., and a steamboat pier on the Thames.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Nine Elms are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.