Englefield Green, Surrey
Englefield Green, a chapelry in Egham parish, Surrey, near the boundary with Berks, the river Thames, and 1 mile from Egham station on the L.& S.W.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Staines. The statistics are returned with the parish, and the living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Egham.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Englefield Green are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.