Claygate or Cleygate, Surrey
Claygate or Cleygate, a manor-chapelry in Thames Ditton parish, Surrey, with a station on the L. & N.W.R., 15 miles from London, and 4½ SSW of Kingston. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Esher. Population, 1061. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Winchester; net value, £200 with residence. The church is. modern, and has been enlarged.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Thames Ditton|
|Poor Law union||Kingston|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Claygate or Cleygate from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.