UK Genealogy Archives logo

Churt, Surrey

Historical Description

Chart or Chirt, now Churt, an ecclesiastical parish formed out of Frensham parish, Surrey, 5¼ miles SSE of Farnham railway station. It was constituted in 1865, and has a post and money order office under Farnham. Population, 649. The living is a vicarage; value, £250. Patron, the Archdeacon of Surrey.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySurrey 
Civil parishFrensham 
HundredFarnham 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Churt from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Churt are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictWaverley
CountySurrey
RegionSouth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtGU10
Post TownFarnham