Burgham, a tithing in Worplesdon parish, Surrey, near the Guildford and New Portsmouth railway, 2 miles NNW of Guildford. A church was built here in 1860 in the Early English style, at a cost of £967.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Guildford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Burgham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Burgham)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.