Botleys and Lyne, Surrey
Botleys and Lyne, a chapelry in Chertsey parish, Surrey, near the Chertsey branch of the S.W.R., 2 miles SW of Chertsey, which is the post, money order, and telegraph office. Population, 586. Botleys Park is a chief residence, and has richly wooded grounds. The chapelry was constituted in 1849. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is good.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.