Shortheath, a district and an ecclesiastical parish, formerly in Willenhall township, Wolverhampton parish, Staffordshire, 2 miles N by E of Willenhall, and 4½ E of Wolverhampton, with a station on the M.R., and a post office under Wolverhampton; money order and telegraph office, Bloxwich. The inhabitants are chiefly miners and lock and key smiths. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1849. Population, 2619. There is an urban district council of nine members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £200 with residence. Patron, the Crown and the Bishop of Lichfield alternately. The church is modern. There are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels, and a mission-room at New Invention.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: