Rangemore, an ecclesiastical parish in Staffordshire, near Burton-on-Trent. It was constituted in 1884 out of the parishes of Rolleston, Scropton, Tatenhill, and Tutbury. Population, 426. In 1894 the outlying portion of the civil parish of Scropton, included in the ecclesiastical parish of Rangemore, was transferred by the county council to the civil parish of Tatenhill, with which it is contiguous. A modification of the boundaries of the ecclesiastical parish of Rangemore on the side adjoining the ecclesiastical parish of Christ Church, Needwood, formed in 1895, reduces the population of Rangemore now to about 400. For parish council purposes Rangemore forms part of Tatenhill parish, which has a council consisting of seven members. There is a post, money order, and telegraph office under Burton-on-Trent. Rangemore Hall is the seat of Lord Burton. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, Lord Burton. The church was erected in 1866 and enlarged in 1886.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Rangemore are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: