Pensnett, a hamlet and an ecclesiastical parish in Kingswinford parish, Staffordshire. The hamlet lies adjacent to Worcestershire, near Brierley Hill station on the G.W.R.,and 2 miles SW of Dudley, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Dudley. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1844. Population, 4997. There is a parish council consisting of four members. The inhabitants are employed in the mining of coal, the smelting of iron ore, and the manufacture of hardware and glass. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £240 with residence. Patron, the Earl of Dudley.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Pensnett from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Pensnett)
Online maps of Pensnett are available from a number of sites: