Oulton, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Stone parish, Staffordshire. The village stands on the slope of a hill, 1½ mile N by E of Stone. It has a post and money order office under Stone; telegraph office, Stone. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1879. Population, 8S6. Oulton House, Oulton Old Hall, Oulton Grange, Oulton Rocks, and Ribblestone Hall are the chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; gross value, £178. Patrons, Simeon's Trustees. The church was erected in 1872. St Mary's Abbey is a modern Roman Catholic foundation of the Benedictine order.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Oulton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Oulton)
Online maps of Oulton are available from a number of sites: