Narrowdale, a gorge in the NE of Staffordshire, 4 miles SSE of Longnor. It is flanked by limestone rocks so high and mural as to prevent sunshine from penetrating it even at midsummer, and they command from their summits very fine views.
Online maps of Narrowdale are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: