Moreton (Gnossal), Staffordshire
Moreton, a hamlet and an ecclesiastical parish in Gnosall parish, Staffordshire. The hamlet lies adjacent to the boundary with Salop, 3 miles SW of Gnosall, and 4 SE of Newport. It has a post office under Newport; money order and telegraph office, Gnosall. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1845. Population, 581. For parish council purposes it is a ward of Gnosall, and returns three members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £220. Patron, the Bishop of Licbfield. The church was built in 1837.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Moreton (Gnossal) from the following: