Knypersley, a hamlet in Biddulph parish, Staffordshire, 5 miles W of Leek. It has a chapel of ease to Biddulph parish church.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Church of England
The church, unconsecrated, with school-house; bµilt at a cost of £10,000, by the late John Bateman esq. of Knypersley Hall: it is an edifice in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, south transept, and a tower on the north-west containing one bell: a new organ was erected in 1895 at a cost of upwards of £450.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Knypersley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Knypersley)
Online maps of Knypersley are available from a number of sites: