Hope, an ecclesiastical parish in Shelton township, Hanley borough, Stoke-upon-Trent parish, Staffordshire, near the-Stoke station of the L. & N.W.R. It was constituted in 1845. Post town, Hanley. Population, 6732. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £310 with residence. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is modern.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Hope are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: