Gentleshaw, a hamlet in Longdon parish, and an ecclesiastical parish in Longdon and Cannock parishes, Staffordshire. The hamlet lies on Cannock Chase, 4 miles S of Armitage station on the L. & N.W.R., 5 NW of Lichfield, and 5 S of Rugeley. It has a post office under Rugeley; money order office, Chasetown; telegraph office, Hedne&ford. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1840. Population, 803. Much of the surface is high, and includes the eminence of Castle Hill, which commands a view of parts of nine counties. Beaudesert, the seat of the Marquis of Anglesey, who is lord of the manor, is a noble Tudor mansion situated in an extensive park. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £285 with residence. Patron, the Marquis of Anglesey. The church was erected in 1839. There is a Congregational chapel. See BEAUDESERT PARK.
Online maps of Gentleshaw are available from a number of sites: