Ettingshall, a village in Bilston and Sedgley townships, and an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1841 from the civil parishes of Sedgley, Bilston, and Wolverhampton, Staffordshire. The village is 2 miles SSE of Wolverhampton, and has a station of the name of Ettingshall Road on the L. & N.W.R., and one named Priestfield on the G.W.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office (T.S.O.) under Wolverhampton. Population, 6493. The chief trade is in iron and coaL There are large works for boiler-tubes, hollow ware, and galvanized sheets. The Bilston gas-works and flour mills are situated here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £216. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is modern, in the Early English style. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Dudley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ettingshall from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: