Brockmoor, an ecclesiastical parish in Kingswinford parish, Staffordshire, ½ a mile NW of Brierley Hill. It was constituted in 1844, and it has a post office (T.S.O.) under Brierley Hill. Population, 3615. Most of the inhabitants are employed in coal and iron works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; gross value, £200 with residence. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is a building of firebrick in the Early English style, and there are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Stourbridge|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Brockmoor from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Brockmoor)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Brockmoor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: