Bradley or Bradeley, Staffordshire
Bradley or Bradeley, a parish in Staffordshire, 2½ miles. SSE of Haughton station on the L. & N.W.R., and 5 SW of Stafford. It includes the hamlets of Billington, Woolaston, Shredicote, Littywood, Reule, Longnor, Allymoor Green, and part of Apeton and Alstone. It has a post office under Stafford, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 4948 (including 30 of water); population of the civil parish, 429; of the ecclesiastical, 474. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £165 with residence. Patron, Lord Stafford. The church is Early English and Decorated, and has an embattled tower with pinnacles. There are also a Primitive Methodist chapel and an endowed grammar school.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bradley-Juxta-Stafford All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Stafford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bradley or Bradeley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bradley-Juxta-Stafford (All Saints))
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: