Blakenall Heath, Staffordshire
Blakenall Heath, a hamlet and an ecclesiastical parish in the Foreign of Walsall, Staffordshire. The hamlet is 1 mile E of Bloxwich, and has a post and money order office under Walsall; telegraph office, Bloxwich. The parish includes also Goscote, Little Bloxwich, Leamore, Harden, Coal Pool, and part of Bloxwich. Population, 5255. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; gross value, £200 with residence. The church was built in 1870. There are Congregational, Wesleyan, and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Blakenall Heath are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: