Blackheath, a small town and ecclesiastical parish in the civil parishes of Rowley Regis, Staffordshire, and Halesowen, Worcestershire. The town stands½ a mile from Rowley Regis station on the G.W.R., 3 miles SE of Dudley, under which it has a post, money order, and telegraph office. Population of the ecclesiastical parish, 8965. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £220 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church, situated in the civil parish of Halesowen, is a large, modern, red brick building. There are Primitive Methodist and New Connexion Methodist chapels.
The parish register dates from the year 1869.
Church of England
Mission Room, Gorsty Hill
Mission Room, Waterfall Lane
The Mission room, at Waterfall Lane, was built in 1899, and will seat 200 persons.
St. Paul (parish church)
The church of St. Paul, situated in the township of Cakemore, and built in 1869, at a cost of £10,000, is an edifice of red brick with Bath stone dressings, in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of six bays, aisles, transepts, north porch and a western turret containing one bell: a reredos was erected in 1898, and in 1901 a stained east window was placed in commemoration of the Diamond Jubilee of Her late Majesty Queen Victoria: the organ cost £750: there are 1,000 sittings.
Baptist Chapel, Beeches Road
Primitive Methodist Chapel, High Street
United Methodist Church, Causeway
United Methodist Church, Whiteheath
Wesleyan Reform Chapel, Hackett Street
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: