Biddulph Moor, Staffordshire
Biddulph Moor, an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1864 out of the parishes of Biddulph and Horton, Staffordshire. Population, 1196. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £223 with residence. Christ Church, an edifice in the Norman style, was built in 1863. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. See BIDDULPH.
The register dates from the year 1863.
Church of England
Christ Church, opened in the summer of 1863, is a building of stone, in the Norman style, erected at a cost of £1,700, and partially endowed at the expense of James Bateman esq, F.R.S.: it consists of chancel and nave and a turret containing one bell, and affords 300 sittings.
The Primitive Methodist chapel was erected in 1854, and replaced by a new building in 1904.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Biddulph Moor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: