Aqualate Mere, Staffordshire
Aqualate Mere, a lake on the W border of Staffordshire, 2 miles ENE of Newport, Salop. It is nearly ½ a mile broad, and upwards of a mile long; possesses considerable beauty, abounds in several kinds of fish of large size, and is the resort of various aquatic wild fowls. Aqualate Hall, the seat of the baronet family of Boughey, is adjacent.
Online maps of Aqualate Mere are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Staffordshire newspapers online: