Easton (St Cuthbert), Somerset
Easton, a chapelry in St Cuthbert parish, Wells borough, Somerset, 3 miles W of Wells town, and 1 mile from West-bury station on the G.W.R. It was constituted in 1844, and its post town and money order office is Wells; telegraph office, Lodge Hill railway station. Population, 241.. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells; value, £200. Patron, the Vicar of Wells. The church was. built in 1843, and is in the Norman style.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.