UK Genealogy Archives logo

East Lambrook, Somerset

Historical Description

Lambrook, East, a chapelry in Kingsbury Episcopi parish, Somerset, on the river Parrett, 2 miles W of Mar-tock station on the G.W.R., and 5½ NE of Ilminster. Post town, Ilminster; money order and telegraph office, Martock. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Wells. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; gross value, £130 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Wells. The church is ancient, and consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySomersetshire 
Civil parishKingsbury Episcopi 
Ecclesiastical parishEast Lambrook St. James 
HundredKingsbury 
Poor Law unionLangport 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for East Lambrook from the following:


Maps

Online maps of East Lambrook are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictSouth Somerset
CountySomerset
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtTA13
Post TownSouth Petherton

Kingsbury Episcopi