Bishops Sutton, Somerset
Bishops-Sutton is an ecclesiastical parish, formed in 1876, out of the parish of Chew Magna, in Somersetshire. It is 4 miles from Pensford and 3 from Chitton stations on the G.W.R., and 10 from Bristol. Post town, Pensford; telegraph office, Bristol. Population, 727. The living is a vicarage annexed to Stowey; gross value, £180. Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church, erected in 1848, is a stone building in the Early English style. There is a small colliery and a Wesleyan chapel.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.