Yeaveley, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Shirley parish, Derbyshire. The township lies 4 miles S by E of Ashborne station on the North Stafford railway. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Ashborne. Acreage, 1378; population, 172. The ecclesiastical parish includes Stydd liberty. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Southwell; gross value, £79 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Shirley. The church was built in 1840, is in the Early English style, and consists of nave and tower. There is a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Yeaveley from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Yeaveley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: