UK Genealogy Archives logo

Tilley with Trench, Shropshire

Historical Description

Tilley-with-Trench, a township in Wem parish, Salop, 1 mile SSW of Wem. Tilley House and Palms Hill are the chief residences.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySalop 
Civil parishWem 
HundredNorth Bradford 
Poor Law unionWem 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Tilley with Trench from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.