Weston Underwood, Derbyshire
Weston Underwood, a township in Mugginton parish, Derbyshire, 5¾ miles NW by N of Derby, and 3 from Duffield station on the M.R. Post town, Derby; money order and telegraph office, Duffield. Acreage, 3177; population, 375. Lord Scarsdale is lord of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Stanton by Dale|
|Hundred||Morleston and Litchurch|
|Poor Law union||Belper|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Weston Underwood from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Weston-Underwood)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Weston Underwood are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: