UK Genealogy Archives logo

Longville, Shropshire

Historical Description

Longville, a township in Rushbury parish, Salop, 6½ miles SW of Much Wenlock. It has a station on the Wellington and Craven Arms branch of the G.W.R.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.