Linley (More), Shropshire
Linley, a township in More parish, Salop, 3¾ miles NNE of Bishops Castle. Linley Hall is the seat of the ancient family of More, one of whom was Col. More, the defender of Hopton Castle and translator of Mede's " Clavis." Remainsof a Roman villa were found near the hall in 1856.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:
- Shrewsbury Chronicle
- Wellington Journal
- Eddowes's Journal, and General Advertiser for Shropshire, and the Principality of Wales
- Ludlow Advertiser
- Salopian Journal
The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.