UK Genealogy Archives logo

Lea (Bishops Castle), Shropshire

Historical Description

Lea, a township in the SW of Salop, 2 miles E of Bishops Castle.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.