UK Genealogy Archives logo

Grimpo, Shropshire

Historical Description

Grimpo, a hamlet in Sntton township, West Felton parish, Salop, 5 miles SE of Oswestry. It has a Congregational chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Grimpo are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.

CountyShropshire
RegionWest Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtSY11
Post TownOswestry