Troway, a village in Eckington parish, Derbyshire, 6 miles N of Chesterfield, and 3 from Dronfield station on the M.R. There is a post office at Marsh Lane, under Chesterfield; money order and telegraph office, Eckington. Coal is worked. There is a Free Methodist chapel, and at Marsh Lane a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Troway are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: