Graveuhanger, a township in Mucclestone parish, Salop, adjacent to Staffordshire and Cheshire, 6½ miles NE of Market-Drayton.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Drayton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Gravenhanger from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Gravenhanger)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:
- Shrewsbury Chronicle
- Wellington Journal
- Eddowes's Journal, and General Advertiser for Shropshire, and the Principality of Wales
- Ludlow Advertiser
- Salopian Journal
The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.