UK Genealogy Archives logo

Broughton (Bishops Castle), Shropshire

Historical Description

Broughton, a township in Bishops-Castle parish, Salop, 1 mile NW of Bishops-Castle.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySalop 
Civil parishWorthen 
HundredChirbury 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Broughton (Bishops Castle) from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.