Stydd, a hamlet in Yeaveley ecclesiastical parish, Derbyshire, 4½ miles SW of Ashborne. There are interesting remains of a preceptory of the Knights Hospitallers. Stydd Hall, adjoining the ruins, is now occupied as a farmhouse.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stydd from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Stydd)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: