Leighfield, formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish in Oakham union, Rutland, 2½ miles W of Manton station on the M.R., and 3½ SW of Oakham. Post town, Upping-ham; money order and telegraph office, Oakham. Acreage of parish, 2358; population, 42. The manor belongs to the Finch family.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Leighfield from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Rutland is online.
Online maps of Leighfield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitation of Rutland, 1618-19 and The Visitation of Rutland 1681-2 are available to browse on the Heraldry page.