Belmisthorpe, a hamlet in Ryhall parish, Rutlandshire, on the river Wash, 2¼ miles NNE of Stamford. It once belonged to the celebrated Lady Godwin, and the manor now belongs to the Marquess of Exeter.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Stamford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Belmisthorpe from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Belmesthorpe, or Belmsthorp)