Whitchurch, a village and a parish in Pembrokeshire. The village stands on St Bride's Bay, 3½ miles E by S of St Davids, and 12½ WNW of Haverfordwest. The parish contains Solva village, which has a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) Acreage, 3177; population of the civil parish, 777; of the ecclesiastical, with St Elvis, 791. The living is a vicarage, with the rectory of St Elvis annexed, in the diocese of St Davids; net value, £276 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St Davids. The church is Early English. Solva has a chapel of ease, and Baptist, Calvinistic Methodist, Congregational, and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1973 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Whitchurch are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: